Sunday, December 23, 2007

A blustery winter day

The temperature is in the teens - before the wind chill factor. The wind is fierce. I went out with Shelly for lunch - she drove - and declined to get out again.

I don't know what we'll do Christmas Day - it depends on the weather. If my mother won't get out, I'll take stuff over to her place then go to Joe's myself later.

Tomorrow, I'm baking pumpkin pies. With heavy cream, not evaporated milk. Have to patch up one of the pie shells. I hope the pie shells taste ok, as they use vegetable oil, not lard or Crisco.

Got Joe his Boston fern. A really big one. And a large poinsettia for my mother. Checks to Annie and Jessica and Katie. Used the wrong zip code for Annie, but she got mine. Now, if she will only get the check I sent from my mother. When I copied the zip code into my address book, the pen skipped on the loop in the 9, so I thought it was a 1. Had it right on the notepad, but apparently checked the wrong one.

Haven't been to church in ages, so have been playing Christmas carols on the organ. Hope that does it.

No comments: